Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Fire drill at DDB Philippines!

People seen below from the 16th floor of DDB Philippines
 Ever since the recent tsunami disaster in Japan, I have to admit that I have become a little bit jumpy. At 3.31pm on March 15, 2011. while I was at work the fire alarm went off and everyone thought that it was just a joke. It turned out to be no joke when I look out from our 16th floor and saw the people below. They were like tiny ants on the floor. The fire alarm kept ringing and the lifts were shut down.
Fire Drill at McKinley Hill on March 15, 2011

We were told to use the fire exit so I just grabbed my personal belongings like my laptop and bag. Me, Alou and the rest of Tribal went down the fire exit from the 16th floor. Imagine how far we had to walk down. In the end, Tribal DDB was on a merry mood and the moment we got to the ground floor, we learned that we  were the last people in the building.

In the end it turned out to be a fire drill and that gave me a sigh sense of relief. They just happened to burn a barrel which the firefighters use their fire hoses to put the fire out. We just had fun and we headed to Venice Piazza and chilled out. It was a learning experience and I know now on how to react if a real fire occurs. So friends, if you do happen to sense something wrong or sense a fire occurring, ring the fire alarm!
Me at McKinley Hill, March 15, 2011
Alou among the crowd

Photo Credits: Annalou Vergara and Kristian Marfori

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...